I. Responsibilities and Competences
No guarantee is given for the operation or for the correctness and topicality of the information contained in the web presence. The
central technical Despartment at the Faculty 3 ot the University of Bremen is responsible for the operation of the server. The respective editors are responsible
for the organization in the individual Faculties. The University Executive Board has general responsibility for content and decides in
case of doubt about the admissibility of the data.
I. Name and address of the person legally responsible
University of Bremen
Group of computer architecture,
Prof. Dr. Rolf Drechsler
28359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 218-63931
II. Name and address of the data protection officer:
University of Bremen
28359 Bremen, Germany
Phone: +49 421 218-60211
Fax: +49 421 218-60210
II. General Information about Data Processing
(1) The University of Bremen and the Group of Computer Architecture takes data privacy very seriously. We process the personal data
collected when visiting our websites in full compliance with the applicable data privacy regulations. These include, in particular,
the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO), the Bremen Implementation Act on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (BremDSGVOAG)
and the Bremen University Law (Section 11 BremHG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG) apply.
(2) In principle, we process personal data of our users only insofar as this is necessary to provide a functioning website and present
content and services (see points 6 and 7). The processing of our users' personal data takes place only after obtaining their consent.
An exception applies in cases where prior consent is de facto not possible and the subsequent processing is permitted by law. Any use of
your personal data takes place solely for the stated purposes and to the extent necessary to serve these purposes.
(3) Your data will neither be published by us nor without authorization passed on to third parties. We point out, however, that we are
entitled in individual cases and on the order of the competent bodies to provide information on collected data for law enforcement purposes,
to aid the police forces of the Länder in the prevention of risks and the Federal Intelligence Service in fulfilling the statutory duties
of the constitutional protection authorities of the Federal Government and the Länder (legal basis Article 6 section 1 item c DS-GVO).
In the following, we wish to inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data.
1. Data collection and processing when accessing from the Internet
(1) When you visit our website, our web servers automatically save each access in a log file.
(2) This data is stored separately from other data that you enter when using the website. It is not possible for us to assign this data
to a specific person. No storage of this data or other personal data of the user takes place. The storage in log files serves to ensure
the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our IT systems.
This data is used in anonymized form for the statistical evaluation of our website with AWStats and subsequently deleted. The legal basis
for the temporary storage of data and log files is Article 6 section (1) item (f) DS-GVO.
The following data is recorded:
- The IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Access method / function desired by the requesting computer
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Transmitted amount of data
- Access status of the web server (file transfer, file not found, command not executed, etc.)
- The URL from which access is acquired
(3) The login for access to protected areas is partially logged in order to detect attempts at abuse and password attacks. Thereby, no
data is stored with the help of which personal profiles could be created about the user's behavior.
(4) The collection of such data and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the provision and the operation of the website.
There is consequently no possibility for users to protest such use.
files that are stored by the browser on your computer. Most of the cookies we use are so-called session cookies (legal basis, Article
6 section 1 item f DS-GVO), which are deleted when you end your browser session.
The following cookies are set:
- session cookies (for session detection, duration: one session)
(2) In your browser settings, you can specify whether cookies may be set or not.
3. Data security
(1) Our technical-organizational security measures, with which we protect all data from the access of unauthorized persons, are
always kept up-to-date. As far as your data is collected and recorded by us, it is stored on specially protected servers. These
are protected by technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution by unauthorized
persons. Access to your data is only possible for a limited number of authorized persons. All our employees are sworn to confidentiality.
Personal information is always transmitted in encrypted form. The transmitted data is stored in a database that is only accessible to
(2) We point out, however, that data transmission via the Internet (for example, when communicating by email) may be vulnerable security
wise. There is no complete protection from the data being accessed by third parties.
4. Links to websites of other providers
Our Internet pages contain links (references) to external websites of third parties. Our websites may also contain links to external
social networks; however, no plug-ins belonging to these networks are used. These websites are subject to the liability of the respective
operator. Therefore, we cannot assume any liability for these external contents. At the time the links are included, there is no evidence
of illegal contents on the respective pages. However, we have no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked
sites. A permanent control of these third party sites would be unreasonable. If we become aware of a violation, we will remove the
Our websites use an iFrame of the Google Inc. powered YouTube site. The operator of these pages is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave.,
San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit one of our YouTube iFrame-equipped sites, you will be connected to the servers of YouTube.
It tells the YouTube server which of our pages you've visited. If you're logged into your YouTube account, you allow YouTube to
associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
The legal basis is Article 6 section 1 item f). For more information on how user data is handled, please refer to the YouTube Privacy
Policy at https.//www.google.de/intl/depolicies/privacy
6. Newsletter data
(1) If you would like to receive newsletters that may be offered on the website, we need an email address from you, as well as information
that allows you to verify that you are the owner of the email address provided and that you agree to the receipt of the newsletter.
Further data is not collected. We use this data exclusively for the delivery of the requested information and do not pass it on to
(2) You may revoke your consent to the storage of the data, the email address and its use for sending the newsletter at any time, for
example via the "unsubscribe" link in the newsletter.
(3) Legal basis for the processing of the data after registration for the newsletter is in the case of the user's consent Article 6
section (1) item a DS-GVO.
(4) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the achievement of the purpose. The user's email address is
stored only as long as the subscription to the newsletter is active.